Monday, August 08, 2016

Six!! The Zenith Quilt



This quilt is the Zenith Quilt Pattern by Stephanie Prescott and it's an easy quilt to make using 60 degree half rectangles. I tried an experiment with this quilt, trying to use fabrics that didn't seem all that compatible with each other since I'm trying to expand my ability to combine interesting (and not just pretty) fabrics.  I'm really pleased with the end result. Please excuse the crease/fold down the middle of the quilt that's from having it folded tightly. It will disappear with use. As you all already know, I'm enjoying being able to count up my completed projects and cross them off my ever-growing (it seems like) UFO/WIP list! This is number six.




The quilting is the same as what I did for the Scrap Vomit, and the Many Trips Around the World quilts... wavy horizontal lines. I love the feel that it gives the quilt and it's super simple to quilt.

And, this is the backing...


When I was taking the photographs outside, I noticed that the quilt is much more vibrant because of the beautiful outdoor light. I'll have to make sure I use it/keep it in a room with lots of bright, natural light. Hubby was commenting that the minute we decided to go out and take photos, the wind started to blow. He's right... it did, but it was a nice, cool breeze so we thought it was worth it! :)

Take care,

4 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is beautiful. I have been working on combining interesting fabrics too. It makes for a more vibrant quilt and better shows your tastes.

Judy P. said...

I bought this pattern, also. Love what you did with it. Thanks for sharing.

Sally said...

Very cool! Love the fabric choices. Ran into a friend today who has inspired me even more to get those UFOs and to try some more non-conventional piecing. Thanks for showing us another one of your great quilts. Sally

Mystic Quilter said...

Well the fabrics do play well together! The backing is just glorious!